From the Soon-To-Be Londonites!
Hi Everyone!
We had quite an adventurous time in London last week! With record-breaking temperature (the last record was set in 1911!), an 8-hour time difference, and a HUGE city to adjust to in only 5 days, it was a whirlwind of a trip. However, after seeing St. Paul's Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the London Eye, not to mention a couple of London Starbucks to make us feel comfortable, we fell in love with a burrough called Greenwich (pronounced Gren-ich). Huge parks with 1000 year old trees, beautiful old buildings, the River Thames running on the border of it, and shops full of characater reminded us of our eastside home, so we've decided to make that our London home! We even met a Letting Agent (to rent is "to let" in British English, and if you need to use the restroom, ask for "the toliet"! It sounded crass to me, but it's either that or the "loo" which is slang for toliet!). We are definately moving there in January and are really looking forward to the adventure. :)
I was going to post a few pictures for everyone, but unfortunately that function isn't working right now! I'll try again in another day or two!
Love, Becky
We had quite an adventurous time in London last week! With record-breaking temperature (the last record was set in 1911!), an 8-hour time difference, and a HUGE city to adjust to in only 5 days, it was a whirlwind of a trip. However, after seeing St. Paul's Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the London Eye, not to mention a couple of London Starbucks to make us feel comfortable, we fell in love with a burrough called Greenwich (pronounced Gren-ich). Huge parks with 1000 year old trees, beautiful old buildings, the River Thames running on the border of it, and shops full of characater reminded us of our eastside home, so we've decided to make that our London home! We even met a Letting Agent (to rent is "to let" in British English, and if you need to use the restroom, ask for "the toliet"! It sounded crass to me, but it's either that or the "loo" which is slang for toliet!). We are definately moving there in January and are really looking forward to the adventure. :)
I was going to post a few pictures for everyone, but unfortunately that function isn't working right now! I'll try again in another day or two!
Love, Becky

2 Comments:
I am so excited for you both but at the same time sad to see you go. I am glad you found an area that reminds you of home. Will you be able to take any of your personal home furnishings with you?
The "loo" reminds you of that little kid song... skip skip skip to the loo... :)
I cannot wait to see pictures so we can experience this with you.
I love you both so much. I am glad your home safely.
Love you-
Stacey
I'm glad you made it home safely, as well. Five days was a quick trip alright! Grenwich does sound kind of "homey". I'll let Franny know. She's quite anxious to have her relatives "find" you. And I'm sure Samson will love his walks in the park and leanin' on an old tree or two!!
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home