Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Monday, March 19, 2007

Kai's 4th Birthday and Kolbie Bathing

Hello everyone, Sorry I haven't gotten any pictures up in a while, I have been a little busy lately and we had a little accident with a little boy and our camera breaking, so we had no pictures for a week. But we are back in business again and I thought I would share with you all the most recent events in our household lately. Mind you in 1 1/2 weeks we will have Sadiyahs birthday and she is having an ice skating party so I will definitely get some of those pictures up after her party. I hope you all enjoy......................


So yes, Kai is now 4 years old, Hurray!!!! We adventured our way to Chuck -E- Cheese's at 10am in the morning and were out by 12pm. The caous didn't really start until around 11:15 am so we missed most of it. Kai had a blast, he was running around playing video games, eating pizza and most important opening presents. He had his cousins there (Robert and Tay) and a friend from church and a couple more from the church. So for being last minute, he had quite a turn out. I think he thought his birthday would never come, due to Kolbie coming early and not on his birthday like he thought. But it did and he is really coming into his own. He has had quite the transition, doing well but sometimes hyper or emotional, due to the extra stress and lack of personal involvement he gets now. We have had amazing family support and Sahaan has been amazing, spending TONS of extra time with him as soon as he gets home from work.

Legos are his new favorite thing, mind you he still plays with the Castle from Christmas, they just all play together now. The millions of little pieces are such a thrill to "tip toe" around as he would advise you to do if you came over so they wouldn't get broke. They (the knights, star wars men and scuba men) have many battles on the floor in the living room. He has quite the imagination and I don't think Sahaan minds playing with him at all either, some times I wonder who is having the most fun. Sahaan also reads him the Lego Comic Book that goes with the set off the computer at Lego.com and they could read for hours, in which they did for 2 hours straight the other day.



This displays Kai's driving ability at Chucky Cheese's and as you can see, we don't want him behind the wheel at all. If this is what is to come when he is 15 and getting his permit, I will have to get and inhaler for the car when I am hyperventalating in the back seat. He played this game almost half of the time too, he LOVED it.


This would be another addition to a lego set he already had gotten from his Grandpa Greg, called the Aqua Raiders. To us adults and parents, it means, just a lot of little pieces crammed in a box that we know will be on the floor in a matter of minutes after assembling the whole thing.
He is very excited about his toys and one is still coming in the mail from ebay, and yes it too is a lego set. :)

This is how Kolbie looked before her bathing experience, Calm Cool and Collected.



And this is her while bathing, still calm, cool, and collected. She was so unlike Kai, she loved being in the warm water, never crying unless a cold draft went by or if I stopped dumping the warm water on her.


Again, just hangin' around looking at us and the lights and just soaking it all in.



The washing of the hair she didn't care for, but soon felt the warm water on her head and the tears then stopped.



Surprise she does get upset about some thing. She HATES being cold. She has the most pitiful cry like she is being pinched or some thing too, its kind of funny. She soon then stops once you get a diaper on her and a onsie.




See I told you so, the diaper is on now and she is getting dried off, again looking around the room and just cooing. She is very laid back and only cries if she is cold from getting out of the water or hungry. Even during diaper changes she doesn't really cry unless you are taking to long to give her food. Other wise, she just lays still occasionally talking during the change, but just gets the job done and moves on. She can make this difficult though, as she has pooped and peed many times during one change.


And this is her after her bath, it was exhausting you know, so she immediately went to sleep following the bath. Notice the little slippers, they came quite far from London and they fit her perfectly. She has very long feet and hands and her limbs hang out of everything she wears.
She also has curly hair when its wet, but then after a couple of hours it goes straight. So to say the least the curly hair will become permanent later on. Kai at this age didn't have curly hair at all and you all know how his is now, so if hers is starting out curly, than it definitely will be later.

So I hope you all enjoyed the pictures, but now I get to go feed the perana. I am a human feeding factory, and she loves eating. She is probably 7 1/2 pounds now if not 8 pounds.
Anyway, I love you all, but I need to go.
Love Steph











3 Comments:

Blogger Mom P said...

I can't believe the great job you did with your blog article, and that's after making it to the store with both kiddies. You're doing such a wonderful job. And Kolbie looks to have "plumped" quite a bit since last Wednesday. What a little honey pie she is. And Kai looks like he had a wonderful time at the birthday party. And for all who read the comments, I can confirm all those little lego pieces are always on the floor! We love you all...

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger The Pilgrims said...

I can't believe how grown up Kai is looking. :) Anna (one of the girls I nanny) just turned 4 on the 14th and when I think of Kai compared to her, he looks so much older (and definately taller!). Kolbie is adorable... a perfect little "queenie" and although I've said it a number of times, I can't help but repeat myself - I cannot WAIT to meet her! Thanks for your update, including pics and stories! Love,
Becky

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:08:00 AM  
Blogger The Pilgrims said...

Hey Steph & Sir,...these pictures are unbelievable. I have the little lady as my new work background on my computer. Thanks for the update and please know that we are praying continued health for everyone. Micah

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home