Kolbie Taite-Grace
Hello everyone. I am getting a minute here between feedings, nap time and drug doses to send this blog to you all so you can finally see a little glimpse of Kolbie. So to fill you in a little, she moved a ton on the 22nd to where I was physically nauseous every time I moved and was up for to long. I was having very consistent contractions while up, but while laying they became very inconsistent and slowed down. That night I went on one outing, Staceys birthday, and by the end of eating I was pooped and needed to get home to go to sleep. We went home I was asleep in about 10 minutes and slept 9 hours, only waking 2 times to use the bathroom. I have suffered severe sleep deprovation for the past month, only sleeping about 4 hours and then being wide awake, so as you can imagine 9 hours through me for a loop. Upon waking I realized I hadn't felt her move at all the whole night and not yet that morning. So of course they wanted to see me and on the way in she was moving, so I was a little less worried. We got there and to make the story a little shorter, I was at 4 centimeters and 80 % effaced. They had me walk for 45 minutes to see if there would be any progression and there was I was then a 5 and 90% effaced. So we were checked in. I got my antibiotics finally around 1:00 pm, broke my water at 1:30pm then got my epidural at 2:00pm. I hadn't changed the whole day until I got oxytocin at around 4:00-4:30pm and at 5:50 I was ready to push and had her at 5:57pm. Yes 7 minutes.
So I thought I would spare you all the naked right out of the womb pictures and me totally exhausted pictures. So we shall start below with what you got.

Kolbie Taite Grace McKelvey 6lbs. 10 ozs, 19 1/2 inches long February 23, 2007 at 5:57pm
Kolbie Taite Grace - Snug as a Bug in a Rug, Kai and I always like to say. As you can see she has very long feet and they are extremely skinny.
This would be proud papa holding his baby girl. That is what Sahaan calls her "baby girl". Kai just usually says "where's that baby" smiling from ear to ear and then continues to call her by her name.
This would be the only picture of me awake that was any good and yes I still have all my cords attached (which didn't leave me until Sunday pm when leaving) I was very happy she finally came to us and we get to enjoy her now.
This is her going home from the hospital, she didn't mind the carseat or the ride in the car and usually finds it quite peaceful and sleeps the whole time. She likes being held snug and wrapped up so that is why I think she likes the straps that hold her in snug.
This was obviously taken while I fell asleep. Mom was watching me and the baby to make sure I didn't drop her or squash her, and this is how we have stayed the pass few days as I think she likes my wierd heart beat. She doesn't like the portable crib yet, but it will come soon, it took Kai a couple weeks and lets be honest we all want to hold our babies tight when we get them.
This is big brother Kai. He always wants to hold her around feeding times, so he gets to afterward when she is less squirmy. He kisses her continually on the head and "pets" her. He is very proud of her, but also kind of confused as to why she doesn't do much. He was very proud of her and excited when she opened her eyes to look at him, he announced now I don't have to teach her how to open her eyes. He also giggled when he saw her hands and was in shock how small they were compared to his. Now he looks huge to us after having her around.
Here is big sis, who sits constantly by my side and doing whatever is needed to get Kai and the baby ready to go. She gets diapers, wipes, burp cloths etc. and holds the baby continually as much as she can. She is gleaming from ear to ear and was excited that this time she got to come to the hospital to see her, since she missed out on Kai's arrival. We shall see how long this lasts, being she will be moving into her room in the following months. :)

Here is our little precious baby taking a snooze on the bed after eating. She is a very quite and peaceful baby, except for the hiccups and when she gets mad over messy pants or food. She loves to eat all the time.
Auntie Stacey was holding her for me and this is how she ended up and if you look closely, you will see a little smirk on her face, kind of like the mona lisa, like she has a secret we don't know about. She smiles in her sleep alot, it is really funny to watch.
Here is her after her first doctors appointmen. All went well there and she got to show off her little outfit for everyone. She is usually in layettes or night gowns, which don't make it easy at all to put her in a car seat, so we have to get all dressed up to leave and look our best.
Here are the kids together and as you can see how Kolbie is laying, Kai needs much supervision while holding her. When he is done he is done too, so you really have to pay attention, but he getting really good at telling us now before just rolling her off himself.
Grandma and Grandpa came up today and helped us out around the house with various little jobs, and while Sahaan and dad were on the roof, Kai got to join them for a moment and was very excited about his roof climb.
So I thought I would spare you all the naked right out of the womb pictures and me totally exhausted pictures. So we shall start below with what you got.

Kolbie Taite Grace McKelvey 6lbs. 10 ozs, 19 1/2 inches long February 23, 2007 at 5:57pm
Kolbie Taite Grace - Snug as a Bug in a Rug, Kai and I always like to say. As you can see she has very long feet and they are extremely skinny.
This would be proud papa holding his baby girl. That is what Sahaan calls her "baby girl". Kai just usually says "where's that baby" smiling from ear to ear and then continues to call her by her name.
This would be the only picture of me awake that was any good and yes I still have all my cords attached (which didn't leave me until Sunday pm when leaving) I was very happy she finally came to us and we get to enjoy her now.
This is her going home from the hospital, she didn't mind the carseat or the ride in the car and usually finds it quite peaceful and sleeps the whole time. She likes being held snug and wrapped up so that is why I think she likes the straps that hold her in snug.
This was obviously taken while I fell asleep. Mom was watching me and the baby to make sure I didn't drop her or squash her, and this is how we have stayed the pass few days as I think she likes my wierd heart beat. She doesn't like the portable crib yet, but it will come soon, it took Kai a couple weeks and lets be honest we all want to hold our babies tight when we get them.
This is big brother Kai. He always wants to hold her around feeding times, so he gets to afterward when she is less squirmy. He kisses her continually on the head and "pets" her. He is very proud of her, but also kind of confused as to why she doesn't do much. He was very proud of her and excited when she opened her eyes to look at him, he announced now I don't have to teach her how to open her eyes. He also giggled when he saw her hands and was in shock how small they were compared to his. Now he looks huge to us after having her around.
Here is big sis, who sits constantly by my side and doing whatever is needed to get Kai and the baby ready to go. She gets diapers, wipes, burp cloths etc. and holds the baby continually as much as she can. She is gleaming from ear to ear and was excited that this time she got to come to the hospital to see her, since she missed out on Kai's arrival. We shall see how long this lasts, being she will be moving into her room in the following months. :)
Here is our little precious baby taking a snooze on the bed after eating. She is a very quite and peaceful baby, except for the hiccups and when she gets mad over messy pants or food. She loves to eat all the time.
Auntie Stacey was holding her for me and this is how she ended up and if you look closely, you will see a little smirk on her face, kind of like the mona lisa, like she has a secret we don't know about. She smiles in her sleep alot, it is really funny to watch.
Here is her after her first doctors appointmen. All went well there and she got to show off her little outfit for everyone. She is usually in layettes or night gowns, which don't make it easy at all to put her in a car seat, so we have to get all dressed up to leave and look our best.
Here are the kids together and as you can see how Kolbie is laying, Kai needs much supervision while holding her. When he is done he is done too, so you really have to pay attention, but he getting really good at telling us now before just rolling her off himself.
Grandma and Grandpa came up today and helped us out around the house with various little jobs, and while Sahaan and dad were on the roof, Kai got to join them for a moment and was very excited about his roof climb. Well I hate to just go on you all, but she has to eat again, as I must leave immediately. I love you all and hope you are all doing well. Enjoy the pictures and hopefully I will get more little breaks and I can post more pictures as they happen.

1 Comments:
Is she just the cutest thing or what!!! You've done an awesome job with your first post... I'm acutally surprised you were able to get that much on! She really is beautiful though and I'm glad that Diyah is being such a help to you! We can't wait to meet Kolbie face-to-face... only 13 more weeks! :)
love, Auntie Becky & Uncle Micah
Post a Comment
<< Home