Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Steph At 16 week Appointment


Kai insitsted he be in the picture with me. He is a little ham. We kept taking his picture for at least 5 more minutes just so he could see himself in the camera.

However he loves my belly and tells all the cashiers at the stores, workers at the Childrens Museum and any old lady that tells him he is cute, that he is a big boy and that he has a baby but it has to grow in my tummy first before he can have it.

He also insists that it is a boy and that God doesn't want to give him a sister, just a brother so he can teach it to play with boy toys.

We will learn what it is in 4 weeks, on October 27th. So hopefully it will cooperate like Kai did and show all its glory on that day.

I am feeling better these days, getting alot more energy. At the beginning I was exhausted all the time over the littlest things, but lately I have been cleaning, reorganizing and weeding like mad (taking breaks when needed). I have along way to go until I will have every thing how I want it before the baby comes, but I think with time I will accomplish those things.

My 16 week appointment was today, September 28. I am 16 wks and 3 days along according to the charts. It took the doctor 3-5 minutes to find the heart beat with the doppler, which was quite unsettling for that time. I think for a minute he was wondering as well, although he kept his cool. He knew it was in there, the baby was just down to the far right and he was checking in the middle and on the left. So we found it and it was strong and pumping. Then I had blood work done and scheduled my ultrasound for 20weeks. I will also be having and echo done on my heart once again for this pregnancy. Dr. Veltman said my stomach was getting large and more firim, but he thinks it is mostly uterous preparing for the growth of Pee Wee McKelvey. I also have been eating like crazy the last month or so, but in my attempt to maintain my weight, I lost 3 pounds in 4 weeks, but again he said he's not worried until maybe the next appointment.

This happened with Kai too, so I drank alot of ensure and fattening foods (about 2000-2500 calories a day) just to get to the 29 pound total by delivery. So we'll see. To let you all know about how big I am, I fit into the dress I wore in Scott and Daphnie's wedding (3rd week in October) on the 19th of September. So I am one month ahead of where I was with Kai. :)

I love you all and sorry I haven't sent out many pictures, I was more hesitant of taking pictures this time around, gaining more confidence as I grow and trust in God with my health and PeeWees health.

Talk to you all soon,

Steph

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Steph,
I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well! I have been wondering and it is nice to see the belly getting larger!! ;) I am looking forward to having an opportunity to come down and see y'all...Love you, and I'll talk to you again soon!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home