Good News!
Hello Family!
I know that I have been horrible at updating this website with information, but I vow to be more consistant! :) I do have some good news to share! I have accepted my first job in London. Its brilliant and should be jolly good! (Can you hear the heavy British accent? I've been working on it quite a lot recently. Hee, hee!). I'm not sure how much I have communicated with you recently about my current job, but to say the least, this year has been quite exhausting and difficult. So much so in fact, that I am not looking for a full-time teaching position in London. Instead, I have toyed with many ideas... from nannying, substituting, working in a coffee shop - Starbucks are on every street corner there as well, even dog walking (to fulfill the hole that will be vacant when we leave Samson behind - even though I know that he will be WELL cared for and loved by Ray, Stace, and the boys). I've considered some ideas more seriously than others, and ended up applying with various independent schools as a "supply" teacher, and with a couple of nanny posts. So far I have had 2 schools respond to me as a supply teacher, though the formal interviews will have to wait till we arrive in London. On the other hand, the first nanny job I applied for has panned out! It is a part-time position, 2 days a week, working for a family not too far from where we'd like to live. The mother is Polly, not a name we're likely to hear in the Northwest, but a perfect fit for Enland! Through various e-mails and a phone call at 5:00 in the morning (it was after lunch time for her, of course), we have struck a deal and I will begin working with her daughters, ages 3 and 5, as soon as I am ready to. I am very excited about this and can't wait to meet the family face to face!
As for the here and now - I have finished all of my scheduled parent-teacher conferences (phew!), and am looking forward to a very short work week. Even more so, I am looking forward to heading south to visit all of you!! Happy Thanksgiving and we'll see you soon!!
love, Becky
I know that I have been horrible at updating this website with information, but I vow to be more consistant! :) I do have some good news to share! I have accepted my first job in London. Its brilliant and should be jolly good! (Can you hear the heavy British accent? I've been working on it quite a lot recently. Hee, hee!). I'm not sure how much I have communicated with you recently about my current job, but to say the least, this year has been quite exhausting and difficult. So much so in fact, that I am not looking for a full-time teaching position in London. Instead, I have toyed with many ideas... from nannying, substituting, working in a coffee shop - Starbucks are on every street corner there as well, even dog walking (to fulfill the hole that will be vacant when we leave Samson behind - even though I know that he will be WELL cared for and loved by Ray, Stace, and the boys). I've considered some ideas more seriously than others, and ended up applying with various independent schools as a "supply" teacher, and with a couple of nanny posts. So far I have had 2 schools respond to me as a supply teacher, though the formal interviews will have to wait till we arrive in London. On the other hand, the first nanny job I applied for has panned out! It is a part-time position, 2 days a week, working for a family not too far from where we'd like to live. The mother is Polly, not a name we're likely to hear in the Northwest, but a perfect fit for Enland! Through various e-mails and a phone call at 5:00 in the morning (it was after lunch time for her, of course), we have struck a deal and I will begin working with her daughters, ages 3 and 5, as soon as I am ready to. I am very excited about this and can't wait to meet the family face to face!
As for the here and now - I have finished all of my scheduled parent-teacher conferences (phew!), and am looking forward to a very short work week. Even more so, I am looking forward to heading south to visit all of you!! Happy Thanksgiving and we'll see you soon!!
love, Becky

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home