Waiting...
Yes, I am. I am. I am...those were powerful words that changed a world. One small, first-person personal pronoun combined with a being verb had the power to make mountains move, to cause demons to tremble, to flush sickness away. One small breath was all it took for those words to come forth, and it only needed to be said once. "I am," he said, with all authority, with all power, with all understanding of how much those two words would change a society, a world, a universe.
And, here, today, I find myself in a situation that seems too formidable to overcome, in circumstances of which the resolution seems unclear, in a life riddled with questions. Those two little words are no less powerful to me as they are to the mountains which were established, grounded, rooted in the foundations of the earth, and shook to the depths. The sheer violence of those words brought walls to the ground, utter chaos to those who would hide behind them. Yet, in this moment, those words are much different, and very much the same. In a quiet and reserved tone, they now linger in my ear as the words of a lover would resound in one's head. "I am," he says, "the God who created you, for this purpose, for this time, for this occasion." "I am," he affirms, "the One who has called you out from among the many to stand out, alone, tried." As quickly as "I am" brought mountains to dust, so "I am" brings you peace now. BE STILL, and know that "I am"...
Love you all,
MTP
And, here, today, I find myself in a situation that seems too formidable to overcome, in circumstances of which the resolution seems unclear, in a life riddled with questions. Those two little words are no less powerful to me as they are to the mountains which were established, grounded, rooted in the foundations of the earth, and shook to the depths. The sheer violence of those words brought walls to the ground, utter chaos to those who would hide behind them. Yet, in this moment, those words are much different, and very much the same. In a quiet and reserved tone, they now linger in my ear as the words of a lover would resound in one's head. "I am," he says, "the God who created you, for this purpose, for this time, for this occasion." "I am," he affirms, "the One who has called you out from among the many to stand out, alone, tried." As quickly as "I am" brought mountains to dust, so "I am" brings you peace now. BE STILL, and know that "I am"...
Love you all,
MTP

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home