Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hi Everyone! It's so good to read (and see) what's been going on in each of your lives. I don't have any pictures to put on right now, but I thought I'd give some updates. Alex and Gabby started school today ~ Alex in the 7th and Gabby in the 6th (yikes)! They both had a GREAT day! Gabby is now playing volleyball ~ her first year. I haven't been to any of her practices yet, but Marty says she has quite the serve. If anyone nearby would like to come to one of her games, she only has one home game on Tuesday, October 2nd.
Marty and I had a really cool blessing the other night. We were at "Bullrageous" (that's bull riding at the Oregon State Fair), and low and behold, we had the winning ticket for a patio BBQ grill that was being given away that night just before the short round. WE WERE SO EXCITED, OUR FRIENDS SAID OUR EXPRESSIONS WERE PRICELESS! God is so surprising and good!
And on an extremely random note, Sophie, our beagle, successfully made it through the day of my being at work and no one at home without one tiny accident. PRAISE GOD! It's about time! :-)
Lots of anniversaries have occurred recently ~ hope you guys (Ray and Stacey & Stephanie and Sahaan) all had a great time! Marty and I will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary tomorrow, but due to volleyball and busy schedules, we'll probably not go out or anything until a different day. Besides, Chinese take out from Kwan's and maybe a movie later at home would do me just fine.
Scott and Daphnie ~ wish we were there to visit with you and see Gabriel (nice name by the way)! I'm sure you're horrendously tired, though, but I hear help in the form of Mom and Dad is on the way.
We love you all! Thanks for all the updates and pictures! You're all so very special!
Love, Julie

2 Comments:

Blogger The Pilgrims said...

Julie - What fantastic updates! Congrats on the fabulous new grill. It is great to receive such an unexpected blessing! I look forward to coming over (next summer) and enjoying some bbq chicken! Congrats on 16 years of marriage and for being an awesome example of how marriages ARE made to last when God is the center of your life. And to Alex and Gabby - What can I say, but WOW! You two are the near the top of your school now, aren't you? In England they call it "top form" when you are the oldest in the school... I hope that you both have a great school year. Good luck in volleyball Gabby! We look forward to hearing how it goes! Lots of love,
Becky

Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:17:00 AM  
Blogger The Pilgrims said...

p.s. I'm SOOOO glad that Sophie made it through the day without a mess! Hurray! I remember the pure joy and thankfulness (not to mention relief b/c I didn't have to clean anything!) I felt when Samson made it the first day... I hope she continues to make it through the day! :)

Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home