Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Monday, September 03, 2007

A weekend with friends

Remember the wonderful couple who threw my graduation party at their house on Lake Sammamish?
They came to visit! Ralph and Teree had planned a trip to Europe and since they knew we were going to be here, they hung out in London with us for the weekend! It was so much fun to spend some time with them. We are blessed by their friendship! On Saturday we went on a boat trip on the River Thames through London and on Sunday we ended up escaping the city and enjoying the leisureness (is that a word? If not, I just made it one!!) of Canterbury and visited the Canterbury Cathedral (arguably our favorite in England), whose mission statement is "to show people Jesus." Pretty cool, huh?
I understand that with school starting soon, it is a busy time of the year for those of you with children!! Good luck to you all and we pray that Alex, Gabby, Martay, Robert, Sadiyah, and Kai have GREAT first days at school! I'll be "going back to school" soon too! I meet with the other Year 3 (7-8 year olds) teacher tomorrow and on Wednesday I should be able to get into my classroom for the first time! I am itching to be in there setting up the classroom for my new students (even though I don't even know their names yet!). My first official day of work is Monday the 10th and the students come in on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it, but I am a bit nervous as well!
Micah is busy, busy, busy, but doing really well. He is mentoring some of the junior staff and helping them develop in a way that no other colleagues have done in this office. He really is a great teacher and a patient leader, and God is blessing his work-relationships! He will be traveling quite a bit this fall, and the timing couldn't be more perfect. He hasn't traveled a lot recently, so we've been able to spend a lot of time together, then just when I go back to work, his travel schedule picks up again, so we'll both be engaged in work. Then we'll be able to take it easy on the weekends together. Fun, fun!
Sending our love, thoughts, and prayers,
M&B

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom P said...

So glad you were able to spend time with just close friends. We all remember that grad party at Ralph and Terry's; what awesome people and friends. We love you,
Mom

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mom P said...

Just trying to catch up with the rest of the world. It is so special to have close friends to enjoy your time with. Becky said she was nervous about her first day and i think she is going to do awesome. Hope things are going well and we are just getting ready to leave for Portland and then to NY to visit Scott. We love you and will catch up in NEW YORk as we are closer to you than we will probably ever get going your direction. Enjoy School and know that Mary Poppins ( alias Becky) rules!!!! WE love and miss you,
Dad

Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger The Pilgrims said...

We love and miss you too! I think today is "fly day" so we are praying for safe travels for you both! We look forward to hearing from you... only 5 hours difference instead of 8 while you are in NY! Hurray!
love, ~B

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home