Gabriel Andrew Pilgrim
Sorry, no pictures yet. . . not that they don't exist, it's just that this brain-dead and exhausted father forgot the camera at the hospital to download images on the home computer.
Anyway, after a lengthy (>24 hours) and tiresome labor, Daphnie delivered on 8/23/07 at 921PM! His name (as you can already see), is Gabriel Andrew Pilgrim. He weighs 7 pounds 10 ounces and is 21.5 inches in length not including the spiky full head of straight black hair! Long piano fingers and skis for feet. And the chin, yes, the chin. . .Just as much as Nathaniel looked like Daphnie, Gabriel looks like me. In fact, he looks just like my baby pictures. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. . .
Nathaniel is tolerating the new addition in somewhat smallish doses, petting his head like a class pet and then whining to sit in mom's lap. He repeatedly says "Hi" in a soft, high-pitched voice and doesn't know what else to say. He sings the "B-I-B-L-E" song with Veggietales all the time, so when we told him about the "ba-by", he replies the "B-I-B". He'll learn I guess.
Daphnie and baby come home tomorrow, so we have two car seats, two diaper bags and two strollers to fit in our truck. In a way, it's nice to have a second boy as the car seat (and mountains of clothes worn only once or not at all) can be recycled. . . sorry Steph, I know. . .girls are great too!
Well, I have some painting to finish up, the nursery is almost complete! Water Sprout green with white trim. I played Bob Vila over the weekend and did some mudding and taping and sanding of a few cracks in the plaster, and now it looks like it's brand new!
By the way, the house is coming along nicely, the new roof was just completed this week! A little electrical work and heating in the attic (which has an eight foot tall peak) and then we can sheet rock in a whole new room upstairs as well. We had them deliver 40 sheets of sheet rock into the attic through the roof before they put down the plywood to finish the roof. Now we just need a permit from the county so we can make it legal. . . or not.
Anyway, enough. . . the pictures you are all waiting for will be posted some time tomorrow.
Love you!
Scott, Daphnie, Nathaniel and Gabriel (the "B-I-B")
Anyway, after a lengthy (>24 hours) and tiresome labor, Daphnie delivered on 8/23/07 at 921PM! His name (as you can already see), is Gabriel Andrew Pilgrim. He weighs 7 pounds 10 ounces and is 21.5 inches in length not including the spiky full head of straight black hair! Long piano fingers and skis for feet. And the chin, yes, the chin. . .Just as much as Nathaniel looked like Daphnie, Gabriel looks like me. In fact, he looks just like my baby pictures. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. . .
Nathaniel is tolerating the new addition in somewhat smallish doses, petting his head like a class pet and then whining to sit in mom's lap. He repeatedly says "Hi" in a soft, high-pitched voice and doesn't know what else to say. He sings the "B-I-B-L-E" song with Veggietales all the time, so when we told him about the "ba-by", he replies the "B-I-B". He'll learn I guess.
Daphnie and baby come home tomorrow, so we have two car seats, two diaper bags and two strollers to fit in our truck. In a way, it's nice to have a second boy as the car seat (and mountains of clothes worn only once or not at all) can be recycled. . . sorry Steph, I know. . .girls are great too!
Well, I have some painting to finish up, the nursery is almost complete! Water Sprout green with white trim. I played Bob Vila over the weekend and did some mudding and taping and sanding of a few cracks in the plaster, and now it looks like it's brand new!
By the way, the house is coming along nicely, the new roof was just completed this week! A little electrical work and heating in the attic (which has an eight foot tall peak) and then we can sheet rock in a whole new room upstairs as well. We had them deliver 40 sheets of sheet rock into the attic through the roof before they put down the plywood to finish the roof. Now we just need a permit from the county so we can make it legal. . . or not.
Anyway, enough. . . the pictures you are all waiting for will be posted some time tomorrow.
Love you!
Scott, Daphnie, Nathaniel and Gabriel (the "B-I-B")

1 Comments:
Hurray and congratulations!! We are thankful that Daphnie and Gabriel are doing well and will be home soon. Micah and I, however, are still deciding which day to celebrate his birthday, as when he was born, it was technically the 24th here. :) We love you guys and are glad things are moving along on the house as well! Can't wait to see pics (of Gabriel and fam, not necessarily of the house, though those would be fun too...).
Love, M & B
Post a Comment
<< Home