Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hi all!

It's been a very long time since I have written anything on our blog, so I thought that I would put a short little quip in here to let you all know what's up. Lately, I have been working at the Bird (a lot) and trying to figure out what to do next with my life. I have been thinking a lot about something that one of my favorite authors, Frederick Buechner, wrote about one's vocation. He says this: "The kind of work God usually calls you to is the kind of work (a) that you need most to do and (b) that the world most needs to have done...The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the worlds deep hunger meet." For me this is a very challenging thing since there is so much that I would love to do; traveling, teaching, music, counseling, just to name a few.

This summer will be quite busy for me; I'll be looking for jobs in the classroom, working to pay student loans all the while, and seeking out the next great adventure, looking for a roommate to replace the one I have now (he is moving out in late August), and getting myself better acquainted with the great British authors that can put any man to sleep.

Again, so all of you know, I switched my cell phone service to Verizon, so we who have Verizon can talk for FREE!! Yay! My number hasn't changed, so if you don't have it, mom and dad do. I love you all, I'm praying for each of you, and hoping that the next big get together happens sooner than later!

~MTP

3 Comments:

Blogger The Pilgrims said...

Good to hear from you Morgan! Glad you're keeping busy, but we'll keep praying for opportunities for you this fall... and roommates. :)
~B

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Yay we are so glad you got Verizon, I will have to make a mental note of this so I can call you. Working is no fun, but it is some thing we all have to do. PS I will be praying you get a roomate that will last a while and stay at least until next spring so then you won't have so much change going on. Talk to you again soon
Steph

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mom P said...

What...another roomie bites the dust? Hope you get one soon that plans to hang around for awhile. Dad and I will be praying about all that.

Love,Mom

Monday, July 23, 2007 10:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home