I Like This
Hello everyone, I thought this was a funny picture to start with. Yes, she is trying cereal these days. We just started it a week ago and we only do it at night to help us make it through the night a little longer. It works ok, some nights are still hit or miss, but for the most part it works.She is beginning to like it more and more as she eats it regularly, but she still doesn't take a bottle so I like the extra help at night from the food being in her tummy.
She is growing like a weed, I hate that saying (maybe we should try a new saying), growing like a flower??? Ok stupid too, but anyway on May 18th she weighed in at 12 lbs. 4 oz., a little squirt still. She had a really stuffed up nose and had to be on saline (so much for breastfeeding being healthier), so her first cold was at almost 3 months old. Oh well, she is doing better now and is interested in snorting and squealing a lot.
Here she is talking to mom (grandma) after long nap on Sunday (4hours). She gets exhausted in this warm weather we have been having.

We also had her dedicated on Sunday, this is our Pastor Henry talking to her and praying for her while the family is surrounding her. I was shocked she stayed awake the entire time, being all she does at church is sleep or sit in the nursery eating. It all went well though and I and Sahaan really enjoyed having the entire family over afterwards.
Here's us holding her during the dedication. Kai wanted to be in the middle of it too, but I think it is because we tried explaining the dedication to him and he freaked. He thought we were literaly giving her away to God the night before, not that we were "giving her to God" and promising to raise her for the Lord. He didn't think God should get this baby, because he already got the other one (Kai's words). He and I are still processing the miscarriage off and on. I think life happened so fast then, that now we are back tracking. Kids will remember stuff from long ago, in order to process as I am sure Stacey and Ray know with the boys. Anyway we are doing well and talking about it with eachother and moving on as time passes.
I love this picture, I took it last week and it really shows off her lashes. I call them her butterfly kisses. She blinks them ever so slowly and delicately at you to, like she knows you will be enamered with them and give her attention. She learns quickly, because she does get the attention. :)

This is Kai, Kolbie and Quincy as we got ready for our 30 minute walk yesterday. Kai is learning how to ride his big boy bike so he can get the training wheels off it soon. He has little patience, like most of us Pilgrims, but he is doing really well on the bike. We had to raise the seat alot and the handle bars because he has grown so much since last year.

Kai is very excited when Quincy comes. He really likes that Quincy grabs toys from him and laughs at him when he is being silly. I think he realizes now that Kolbie will soon do those things too, it will just take some time. Quincy is 5 1/2 months old and is weighing in about 2 lbs lighter than Kai and Nathaniel were at the same age. He is a big boy and oh so cute.
Kai was tuckered out the other day. It may have been the heat and all the playing outside, but after putting both babies to sleep this is how I found him in the living room. Passed out cold on the floor, so we left him for a little nap, watching closely that he wouldn't have an accident on my carpet while catching some ZZZZ's.
On Memorial Day weekend we took the kids over to grandpa and grandma's house to visit. I went with our 3 kids and Stacey and Ray brought the boys. We had a good visit and then we took the kids to the zoo. We walked and walked and walked some more with some breaks to feed little squirt and then we had a hearty dinner at Red Lobster. Kai was really in to watching Uncle Ray eat a lobster tail, because he was watching the live lobsters at the front of the restraunt. (my spelling is horrible today sorry I didn't get enough sleep) :) Anyway I don't think Kai has registered that a real chicken is what we eat when I make chicken just like the lobster tail couldn't be from the live lobsters he watches in the tank. He'll learn though.
The ladies posed for a picture when getting ready for lunch at grandpa and grandma's. Aren't they all so beautiful. Auntie Stacey can't get enough of the girls when she is around, she needs the girl fix after being with all the testosterone in her house. :) She only has Tess to hold to, so I don't mind sharing my girls with her. We all have to stick together or we will be driven crazy by our 3 little boys and all their legos, sword fights and video games.
Anyway Sahaan and I are doing well. We are staying extremely busy at the church and will be going to Chicago it looks like in 5-6 weeks or so for a youth program with two of our kids. It is a week long and they will keep us very busy in classes and community projects. It will be a fun experience, I am just really nervous about leaving Missy Taite(that's what I call her), being she is not on a bottle at all and I don't want her to stress mom and dad out the entire week. SO, I am trying to get her to take one, it is just really hard. Then in August we are taking the youth camping for one weekend again. There are alot of kids coming into the 9th grade this year, so the transition should be fun and a good challenge and learning curve.
I have to go now and eat some thing before both babies wake up soon. I love you all and will see most of you this weekend at Becky's graduation.
Love
Steph

1 Comments:
I CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY!! Though I love these pictures and especially reading the stories and descriptions, I am anxious to see all of you and hug you in real life! Kolbie has grown so much in these last weeks... I just want to hold her! And Kai & Diyah - they've grown so much too! We love you guys so much!!
love, Becky & Micah
Post a Comment
<< Home