LaPine Progress
Well, there's no pictures to post, yet, but we wanted to let all of you know that our contractor has started prepping the site for our new home. The gravel pad is all ready finished, and the cement will be poured on Thursday, 05/10. The cement will have to "cure" for 10 days, and then it will be ready for the "placement" of the house, which will happen after the 21st. Our contractor has to arrange with Palm Harbor to delay the delivery. Hopefully, Dad and I will be taking some photos while we're in LaPine over the Memorial Day weekend.
We've had lots of fun, and some frustrations with shopping for furnishings, but I think we've just about completely decorated the house. Dad has really been the shopper. I can't believe how excited to go to the stores he's been. Seems like every chance he gets he wants to see about buying something else we need. Also, it's driving Dad pretty nutty that he can't be over there watching and making sure everything is being done in a timely and correct manner.
It's not going to be the totally cabin look and feel that we had hoped for, but it's going to be close. We can hardly wait to have each and everyone of you over for the "open cabin"... :=) I'm really looking forward to the first weekend (or longer) that all of us girls can have our getaway together.
Love to all
Mom
We've had lots of fun, and some frustrations with shopping for furnishings, but I think we've just about completely decorated the house. Dad has really been the shopper. I can't believe how excited to go to the stores he's been. Seems like every chance he gets he wants to see about buying something else we need. Also, it's driving Dad pretty nutty that he can't be over there watching and making sure everything is being done in a timely and correct manner.
It's not going to be the totally cabin look and feel that we had hoped for, but it's going to be close. We can hardly wait to have each and everyone of you over for the "open cabin"... :=) I'm really looking forward to the first weekend (or longer) that all of us girls can have our getaway together.
Love to all
Mom

3 Comments:
Mom & Dad,
Congrats on the home, the progress, and the shopping. While I cannot say shopping is my favorite thing, I do know the excitement from seeing something come together like that. Anyhow, Love you bunches,
mdp
So you're telling me that there's hope? Micah might some day turn into a "shopper" like his dad? ;) Just kidding! I am SO happy for you two and likewise - look forward to the "Open Cabin" and Girl's week/end!!
love, Becky
Crongrats on the home! How very exciting for you both! What a great retreat to have for you and the family. Hope all esle is going very well for you. Sure miss seeing you!
Love ya,
Jamie, Vernon & Ali Janel
Post a Comment
<< Home