Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Just checking in!!!

Hello to all of my favorite family members!! :o)

No one has posted in a while so I thought I would. Before I forget I would like to wish all of the mother's out there a VERY happy Mother's Day. (yes, you too Becky!! Your Samson can't wait to see you! )
Things here are moving fast. Ray is playing softball, the boys' are playing baseball, (I am the designated scorekeeper at both of those first 2 places), going to the gym, and trying to maintain control over the dogs all while going to work at the same time. To say the least, I am pooped! It will be good to see all of you in a few week's.

For those of you who enjoy stories, I have one for you. It is about our favorite 4 legged family member, Samson.
I went grocery shopping this last Saturday while waiting for the boys' game to be rescheduled due to all of the rain and the fields being a mess. Well, the boys helped unload the car and in their helping left an entire bag of meat on the floor as the counters were full. Yes, as you can imagine, Robert came running out.... MOM, HELP- Samson is in the meat!! I asked if he(Robert) had picked it up and I got the resounding, No. Well we all went running into the house to save our dinner for the next few days..... Well, you should know that the little guy had a very enjoyable meal. He ripped open the outer bag and broke the seal on the package of steaks taking the very middle steak out of the family pack. By the time we could catch him, he was swallowing the last mouthful.... (he wasn't very happy that we tried to take it away from him, soooo... he had a timeout) but, funny thing is that when timeout was over.... he was in the kitchen trying to find bag again.
We learned a VERY valuable lesson and enjoyed the rest of the steaks for lunch the next day. :o)
The dogs are enjoying the backyard and the freedom to come and go as they please. (Well as often as we get up to let them out).
I am also getting to spend some time with little Kolbie and her big brother. He begged and begged his mom to ask me to let his cousins come play with him. He was missing them and was having a crisis. He desperately needed someone to play Legos with him. He wasn't very happy when we had to go, but alas, we will be there again I am sure. :o)

Well, I suppose I better get back to work!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Love always,

Stacey Marie



5 Comments:

Blogger Mom P said...

Has Sampson vomited yet!!?? I don't envy the crazy schedule you have; can't really say that I miss them (the crazy days) but I do miss seeing all of you and watching baseball games with my family. Love to you all

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacey,
Thank you so much for the update on you, Ray, the boys, and of course, the critter. I have to admit I miss everyone so much that any peice of news, even the bad kind, makes me so happy!! Anyhow, I love you very much.
mdp

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 8:27:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey Marie said...

I don't know that I would go so far as to say "bad news"... Just adventuresome. It really hasn't been bad having the little varmit.

And believe it or not, I expected that he would get sick but he didn't.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Julie Pilgrim said...

Given how HUGE he is (not fat), he probable could have taken down a small cow and still been hungry. :-) His tail alone knocks down small children in a single Swoosh.

The real question is how are you going to feed him regular dog food now that he has had the taste of real meat? LOL

Love to all
MLP

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger The Pilgrims said...

OH, MY GOODNESS! I cannot believe that story... well, I can, but I can't, if you know what I mean! I was in tears last night when Micah read it to me (tears of laughter AND tears of missing eveyone!). I think Micah and I owe you triple for all that you put up with that dog. At the very least - we owe you some REALLY good steaks! We just won't let the boys carry them into the house (although I'm sure they've learned their lesson too!).
Loves and hugs,
Becky

Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home