Life in the Fast Lane
Sometimes I wonder where the time is going and then I look at my kids and see that they have grown so much and I forget how important it is to stop and smell the roses. In our house for now though, the diapers will have to do. :) Our lives have been staying overly busy with Sahaan's surgery 4 weeks ago, the bathroom remodel 3 weeks ago and me going back to work while being the only food source for Kolbie right now. It has been a juggling act, but were still standing, but if you can imagine we don't stand straight like a London guard, more like the leaning Tower of Piza. I know I messed up the spelling, but kill me I am running on 4-5 hours of sleep for the past 3 nights. Why is this you might add.......welllllll this very angelic face here below likes to have "fussy time" or as I like to think of it " God deliver us now before I regret anything I do time" has been having a couple of rough nights. I have been cutting out certain foods and drinks to see if it helps, but nada. So the caffenine kick I did 1 week ago, may be picked up here soon if the hours of sleeping doesn't increase. :)
AAHHHH!!!! aren't I precious, and notice the shirt "Picked with Love" I will admit she is like a little dolly. You can't help but love her, but some times you can wonder. She is also learning these days how to just cry out her issues in order to go to sleep, because mom doesn't have all day to put her down and then hold her to do every task. I know she is thinking "Why Not?" but I am thinking "Oh Well."
She is developing quite the little personality these days and when your talking to her she responds to you like she knows what your saying. It is HILARIOUS. Sahaan was talking to her about sleeping and she was doing every thing in her power not to make eye contact and just kept looking around the room like "I don't hear you" and then when we say how beautiful she is and are you the cutest baby, she looks right at us and smiles and snorts. Yes people she is a snorter, it's hard not to crack up laughing.
She also has lost the mittens now for a week and a half, but needed them desperately in order for us to be able to recognize her in the morning with all the scratching she was doing. These jammies she now fills out the the seam and her arms hang out at least and inch on either side.

She does however love mom and dads bed to hang out. It the hot spot to be you know, so I think she is just trying to fit in with the cool members of the family.

Here is myself and her in one of the few together photos we have. I extremely tired and her sleeping peacefully, just came in from playing outside with Kai. We played basketball, but she slept through the dribbling, 3 pointers and steals.

As you can see she loves to be held and loves Sadiyah and Kai talking to her and kissing on her. Kai loves to maul her and kiss her and talk to her at the most in oportune times (like Nap time) so we have to be on him to make sure he doesn't meander into the wrong room at her nap time.
Kai is now not taking any naps during the day and he is infatuated with legos and chocolate. As you can see he found his eggs this Easter, in which Sahaan was in charge of this year and he stuffed them full. Kai is also wearing underpants at night now and has stayed dry for 6 days straight until this morning. Now he has to start the days over, so when he stays dry for 7 days he gets to get a fish.

Bedtime is a hit in our room as well. Kai and Kolbie take over the bed for the first few minutes and then we distibute them to there beds. This is the typical scene though at night time.

I told you all Kai was infatuated with Legos and here is the proof. Most of you helped to get this mess of little legos for his birthday and grandpa Greg got him legos when ever he found out Kai was staying potty trained. We finally explained to him that Kai has been potty trained for a while now and we need to pick a new milestone for him to reach to get sets of legos. But he is enjoying them and he and Sahaan have their nightly battles among the good knights and the bad knights. 
This is Sadiyah's ice skating party she had for her birthday. She had only gone once before, but being this was her second time she was AMAZING and swished around the ice like a pro. Kai however had to have some assistance and only wanted to do the fun "tricks" that professionals can do.

Sadiyah turned 10 April 4th and got enough moola to get a new bike that she now fits much better on when riding. She has grown immensly and is going to be very tall like her dad and I. She is probably at my chin these days and almost in my shoe size.
Well I have to wrap things up here now, she is calling for some food and I have much to do aroung the house to get ready to watch another baby in two weeks. So we have much love for all of you and miss you all terribly. But until we meet again enjoy the pictures here and we will email you and call when our time isn't spent else where.
AAHHHH!!!! aren't I precious, and notice the shirt "Picked with Love" I will admit she is like a little dolly. You can't help but love her, but some times you can wonder. She is also learning these days how to just cry out her issues in order to go to sleep, because mom doesn't have all day to put her down and then hold her to do every task. I know she is thinking "Why Not?" but I am thinking "Oh Well."
She is developing quite the little personality these days and when your talking to her she responds to you like she knows what your saying. It is HILARIOUS. Sahaan was talking to her about sleeping and she was doing every thing in her power not to make eye contact and just kept looking around the room like "I don't hear you" and then when we say how beautiful she is and are you the cutest baby, she looks right at us and smiles and snorts. Yes people she is a snorter, it's hard not to crack up laughing.
She also has lost the mittens now for a week and a half, but needed them desperately in order for us to be able to recognize her in the morning with all the scratching she was doing. These jammies she now fills out the the seam and her arms hang out at least and inch on either side.
She does however love mom and dads bed to hang out. It the hot spot to be you know, so I think she is just trying to fit in with the cool members of the family.

Here is myself and her in one of the few together photos we have. I extremely tired and her sleeping peacefully, just came in from playing outside with Kai. We played basketball, but she slept through the dribbling, 3 pointers and steals.

As you can see she loves to be held and loves Sadiyah and Kai talking to her and kissing on her. Kai loves to maul her and kiss her and talk to her at the most in oportune times (like Nap time) so we have to be on him to make sure he doesn't meander into the wrong room at her nap time.
Kai is now not taking any naps during the day and he is infatuated with legos and chocolate. As you can see he found his eggs this Easter, in which Sahaan was in charge of this year and he stuffed them full. Kai is also wearing underpants at night now and has stayed dry for 6 days straight until this morning. Now he has to start the days over, so when he stays dry for 7 days he gets to get a fish. 
Bedtime is a hit in our room as well. Kai and Kolbie take over the bed for the first few minutes and then we distibute them to there beds. This is the typical scene though at night time.

I told you all Kai was infatuated with Legos and here is the proof. Most of you helped to get this mess of little legos for his birthday and grandpa Greg got him legos when ever he found out Kai was staying potty trained. We finally explained to him that Kai has been potty trained for a while now and we need to pick a new milestone for him to reach to get sets of legos. But he is enjoying them and he and Sahaan have their nightly battles among the good knights and the bad knights.

This is Sadiyah's ice skating party she had for her birthday. She had only gone once before, but being this was her second time she was AMAZING and swished around the ice like a pro. Kai however had to have some assistance and only wanted to do the fun "tricks" that professionals can do.

Sadiyah turned 10 April 4th and got enough moola to get a new bike that she now fits much better on when riding. She has grown immensly and is going to be very tall like her dad and I. She is probably at my chin these days and almost in my shoe size.
Well I have to wrap things up here now, she is calling for some food and I have much to do aroung the house to get ready to watch another baby in two weeks. So we have much love for all of you and miss you all terribly. But until we meet again enjoy the pictures here and we will email you and call when our time isn't spent else where.We love you all,
McKelveys

3 Comments:
What a great post...the fotos are terrific; what a little "QT" KT is!! And big sis and bro look like life is fun. We love you guys, and miss seeing you. Dad and I are now busy trying to shop/pick out furnishings for the new vacation home. It's been fun but we have a long ways to go...so far we only have the bed pillows for the two guest rooms. Love,mom
Stephanie,
These pics and narrative are great!!! they make me laugh at the various stories while they make me long to see your little ones before they grow up...I love you so much and wish you, Sir, and the family a blessed Spring. See you in just a few short weeks.
Micah
Wow! Your family is sure beautiful!! I am so glad all is going well. We will have to try to connect sometime for a play date with the munchkins!
Love to all,
Jamie, Vernon & Ali Janel
Post a Comment
<< Home