Crazy Busy
So where do I begin, it has been so long since I have updated our crazy life with all of you, but I will try to do it justice. Some of the pictures are from the BBQ for Becky and some are from family camp and at home. Kai thought he was in heaven when he got handed this massive piece of cake for lunch. He of course had his very few crackers and grapes, but earlier had alot of pancakes at the pancake house so it was all good. He of course scraped all the frosting off to eat first just to make sure he didn't get too full from the actual cake. :)
This is miss thing aka: Taiter Tot, Missy Taite, Pixie, Baby Girl and the list goes on and on... but here she is sitting up in what is called a BUMBO chair. It allows babies who are learning to sit up on there own, to do so while playing and not falling over. She looks happy here, but for all of you who know how squirmy she is, know that it only last about 15-20 minutes before getting old.
This is mom and dad opening the picture from Micah and Becky and the grad party. They were so excited and we are all so happy for them to have finally put a house on all that property they love to visit. Have a great time decorating and furnishing your home mom and dad.
These are our friends DJ & Jenny, who graciously opened up there house for a BBQ for Micah and Becky on the Friday before Becky's graduation. They are such sweet and selfless people and real friends you can count on.
This would be our little attic mouse. Ok so not really, but he sure is cute so I guess we'll keep him. Sahaan had to get some much needed toys for the kids to play with, so Kai thought he would help out in the effort. He really just likes climbing up into the attic and not getting down, sound familiar Micah??? :) Our many summers playing house in the attic have now passed on a generation, but as for the mud pie, I don't think Kai will be doing that any time soon.
And now for Diyah's new do. Like it? I know she looks ALOT older. We had her hair relaxed so we could manage it better and so she could learn to start doing her hair herself. The braids will still be on me to do, but for now she likes just wearing it down and flowing. I think we have created a little bathrom hog though. She must be in the bathroom grooming at least 8 times a day. :) It's cute though and I am glad she likes it that much.
Kai is just trying to hog Kolbie here. He didn't like other people at family camp to hold her so he thought he would take her every chance he could and then pose for the pics. He is doing really good with her and likes being a big brother. He is obsessed with kissing her and definitely not touching any drool. He also likes playing with Quincy alot, who laughs histerically when Kai acts goofy, so you can imagine where Kai is most of the day. He loves performing for the attention.
The kids got to ride horses once again at family camp, and this is Diyah who went on an hour long horse ride. She was so excited because she was finally old enough this year and they go out into the woods on 10K acres and come back 1 hour later and much more sore I might add. I went one year and that was good for me. :)
Kai however was only still old enough for the pony ride, but this year he rode a horse for the pony ride, and they just ride around this big loop by the coral and stables. He rode all by himself with just the guide holding onto the reigns.
These are his other two choices of riding machines. He is learning to ride his bike very well, although breaking isn't his best suit. He gets going and then forgets how to stop which means I am usually running after him to grab onto him before he crashes. But he is getting better. His other machine here is a horse saddle. He found it in the meeting room at the ranch at family camp and thought it would be fun to climb aboard and play knight. He is Lord Vladic and he is after the bad guys. For all of you that know about his little imagination, yes he did play out the whole adventure yelling at the top of his lungs and "riding" the saddle as if it were a live horse. I thought I was going to pee my pants watching the whole thing because I was laughing so hard.
Kolbie's experience with horses is this. She constantly stares at our little rocking horse, some times talking to it, but I think mainly wondering what the heck is staring at her. It too is pretty comical.

Look what we got on camera.... Smooch. The cute couple didn't get much alone time with all the families visiting and BBQ's, but as you can see it isn't hurting their relationship at all. :) You know what happens after kissing don't you...KIDS. At least that's what we tell Kolbie when she sees us kiss and then Sahaan has to go into some long diatribe to her about how she is never going to date and get married. He told Sadiyah this as well, that maybe they could date around 30 and then get married at like 35 and then kids at 40. Yah right, have you seen how cute they are, I just ask that they go to college, pray about a mate and stay true to themselves. God will provide the rest, Sahaan knows this too, but you have to give it to him for wanting to protect them and girls you know he will if you bring a man home. Your dad isn't small if you hadn't noticed.
ok so I copied the picture twice, but who can't get enough of the happy couple.
This is Jenny, Becky and I hanging out at the BBQ. It was good to see friends all over again and let all our little ones play.
This is Micah's good friend Ralph. Ralph and his wife Teree opened up their lovely home for another BBQ for Becky to honor her as she graduated. They were so generous in just letting us stick around and have a little family reunion as well, just to enjoy one another.
Kolbie got a little hungry or maybe her teeth were trying to come through, who knows, but she sure liked Becky. Kolbie was displaying her hunger that we were all feeling while waiting to be seated for over an hour, for some breakfast, which really turned out to be lunch. Oh well we all got full and then went to Ralph and Teree's to eat some more.

Here is the last picture, and a great one to end on. This is our next generation of family ladies (minus Kolbie and any future baby girl that might grace us). What an awesome pair. They also likes getting together and playing dolls, doing hair and chatting about what's cool and what's not these days.
As for now though I need to go and get ready for the big day. It is July 4th and I hope you all have a good one. Mom and dad are taking the kids next week for one whole week while Sahaan and I are in Chicago for a youth oriented church trip to a covenant college. Pray for us and my sanity with out my babies. I am excited, but also know I will miss them terribly.
Oh yah, one more thing ok two, one is Kolbie had her 4 month appointment. She is 15 pounds exactly, 26 1/2 inches long, and is in the 80% for head size (which just means she has room for her brains) :) She had to get 4 shots and one oral vaccine, which made her a bit fussy as you can all imagine. Hopefully today she is feeling much better and she will have forgotten, but we'll see.
Second thing is: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAPHNIE!!! I didn't forget it I just forget about the time change and then it gets too late your time. So sorry I didn't call but I hope you had a great day and that you are feeling ok. I could have called but 11:30 pm your time is too late, especially pregnant. I know I was there 5 months ago. We all can't wait to see you and rejoice with you and Scott over the new little one coming.
Ok so now I really need to go, but I will write again in a couple of weeks. Peace out!
Steph

2 Comments:
AHHHH. Cool Pics girl...and yes, I love the attic. Even to this day I love hanging out up there. Kolbie looks so cute just like her momma...love you, Micah
Thanks for the fantastic update and all of the photos. I love to see the kids growing up... Kolbie becoming more independent, Kai's character showing through in all he does, and Diyah - a beautiful young lady!! Thanks for taking the time to do all of that.
Missing you TONS,
Becky
p.s. The flip-flops are IN THE MAIL!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home