Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Friday, August 10, 2007

M&B checking in...

Okay - this is an odd picture... but let me explain. Do you see the guy in the blue shirt? What kind of a dog is he walking? It must be Samson's long-lost cousin or something!! And ahead of the guy is a lady in a white shirt pushing a stroller. Those 4 (the girl, guy, kid, and dog) could be a sort of foreshadowing of our lives to come! No, no, no... no baby on the way yet, but we couldn't help but laugh, giggle, and be drawn to a family with a Basset Hound! I would have liked to get a better picture of them (specifically the hound), but I think they were already a bit wierded out by our staring and giggling... I wouldn't make a very good spy!!

Anyway, Micah and I are finally enjoying a bit of summer weather here - which is a huge relief! We've been going on lots of walks in the evening and even walked all the way home from Micah's office the other day! It ONLY took an hour and twenty minutes... goodness.


Micah has been very busy working, and even invited me in to the office this week to help out a bit... though I'm certainly not the "office" type (I prefer the classroom and am looking forward to teaching in September!), it is lots of fun to be able to work with Micah.
So this picture is another funny one... Micah wanted to show you all what I do when planning for a trip. :) We've been given loads of travel books, so after we decide on a destination and I've booked tickets and all that, I sit on our couch, criss-cross-applesauce, with a blanket and a pillow, wearing my glasses, with my books, note-pad and a pen... then I research the old fashioned way! Sure, the internet is nice and I use it too, but there's nothing like planning with Rick Steves' travel books! So where is our next destination?? Well, nothing to extravagant... we're going to Brighton on Saturday (just a day trip), which is sort of the "beach town" here. It is only an hour train ride from London, but should be a fun day out. Other than that, not too much going on here!
We do think of and speak about all of you often... in fact, that's the topic of conversation for lots of our long walks! We miss you very much, pray for you often, and look forward to more posts and e-mails!
love, Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home