Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Monday, May 22, 2006

May Events


From the home of Mom & Dad come some of the May events that include family and friends. We had a marvelous time with Micah & Becky, and at Morgan's graduation. Grandpa enjoyed reading to Kai. Kai wasn't too sure about the way Grandpa reads. You see...Grandpa changes the words around.

Morgan was quite easy to find in the crowd of caps and gowns...I think he had the biggest smile and was taller than most (go figure!). We
enjoyed meeting his friends who came to the BBQ lunch/dinner that Micah and Becky provided. Morgan's friend, Woodrow, came from Hawaii to see many of his friends graduate. He then stayed with Morgan for a couple of weeks. There are more photos but they're not on my camera.

Dad and I have been doing quite a bit of yard work, hoping to have things in order before we leave for our missions trip to Honduras. This last Sunday we had a great fund raiser at the church. Most members of the missions team sat in the "dunk tank" while it rained! What can I say, it's Oregon!! I think we raised nearly $3,000, which included the shaving of Pastor Kevin's head. He looks like a very pale Mr. Clean. Various members of the congregation met his dare of coming up with $1,000, spearheaded by Greg Bratland.








The dunk tank was a lot of fun to watch. The big splash is what happens when Marty hits the water. I believe this trip in was at the mercy of one of his own kids, not sure if it was Alex or Gabby. Same goes for Grandpa. Pastor Gary had the pleasure of dunking dad, as well as Alex and Gabby and a few others. As for me, Mom, I managed to escape all the water...hehe!

On another note, if I can get a photo, I'll share the baby birds (Chickadees) that are in their nest right outside our patio door.
With love to all, Mom

6 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Hey mom,
thanks for the "May Update". It was good to hear about the fundraiser and to see Kevin's new look...tell him I will come close to that for my trip to Costa Rica...Hey everyone else, Does dad look like Magnum PI or is it just me?

Love you,
mdp

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

All -

Just a note. A big splash happens when anyone who is 6'4" and 220 (notice it isn't 235 anymore) goes into the small tank. It was a very fun day for all of us. I know that I went home and crashed hard. We are down to almost 3 weeks on our countdown. Hope everyone is well and we look forward to seeing you all when Scott and Daphne are down.

Love,
Marty

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Yup, I think dad looks like Magnum PI. He was a looker too. It looks like you all had fun, and lets hope Kevin hair grows in some to reduce the sun burning that may happen and we would hate for some one to mistake him as a cancer patient on the trip...EEEEKKK. Anyway Hurray for all of you who helped raise the moneys for your trip. Was the wire transfer of the other money successful?? I have been praying for you and so has Sahaan. We know that the enemy would try to come at you any way possible when it comes to serving others in the name of Christ. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks, I miss you all terribly. See you soon

Steph

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Oh yeah I have more pictures from the graduation and from Kai and dad reading I would love to share them, I need to figure out how to get them off of my phone and into the computer. So it may take a little bit.

Steph

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I also have pictures from graduation, but I have to scan them and put them up that way. It will take some time as I'm in the process of cleaning and moving apartments this week. I love you all and I'm happy to see that everyone is active on the site!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:06:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

ps...dad does look like Magnum PI...=) Lovin the look dad!!

mtp

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home