Momma mia !!!
So it was a week of snow days in Portland recently, so we made the kids use some of their pent up energy outside to create Snow girl. She wasn't going to be a girl until I realized I wasn't about to part with any other scarfs or hats in the house, should they go missing. Now snow girl is about as big as half of the bottom part in a lump on the ground. Kai was saddened by this turn of events and he kept checking up on her as the weather warmed up to make sure she was ok, but as you all know we aren't in the North Pole (thank God) so she will have to come back to us maybe next year.
This picture didn't end up so clear, but it was the only one I took of the kids together and I didn't want the camera to get wet from the snow that was falling at this particular time. We had about 3-4 inches and the first day it was so dry it wouldn't stick so again Kai was saddened by the fact that snow balls were virtually impossible. Day two worked out quite well and the kids and Sahaan had a snow ball fight while taking breaks making snow girl. That then started the "Can I go out again today" questions for the next 2 days. So Sadiyah and the boys missed 2 1/2 days of school and Kai missed his 2 days that week. He is very into doing "homework" where we practice writing our names or numbers, or he plays this little toy computer that is loaded with phonics games and he does pretty well. However he doesn't like to be corrected when he is wrond, so we are still a work in progress. Sadiyah was however, very happy to miss school and do no homework for those days, although much reading was done.
This is me as you all know. I am 33 weeks tomorrow and feeling very large and uncomfortable. The activity induced contractions are happenning more frequently these days so I try not to bend over, sit to long, walk to much or lay wrong. She is moving and kicking still, but I know she is getting ready to turn upside down soon because I think she likes to play "how low can you go" in my tummy. Stacey and I made it around Target to register though for my showers coming up in the next few weeks. I did alot of sitting after that, and then i was able to go on a date with Sahaan. It was really fun to just be out and eat with out interuption and then we went to a movie, again with no interuption :). This is probably going to be the only date we have before the baby is born, due to crazy busy schedules and preparing the house for the baby. Besides she already has an auntie, waiting ever so patiently to take her and the other kids off my hands when ever I am ready. I must say Stacey and Rays support with watching our children has truly been a blessing in our lives the past few years and we can always count on them to help us at the last minute. Uncle Ray does alot of babysitting too, because Kai at our doctors appointments does not work, so he hangs out with Ray and the dogs. I know you're all thinking Mamma Mia when looking at this, and that is what I said kind of after it was taken. My exact words were, Holy Crap, but I am trying not to say that word and Kai is doing a wonderful job of correcting me when I do. I realized this one day when I dropped some thing and broke it and said the "C" word and Kai having no idea what it means, started to sing a little song "crappy, crappy, crappy" all the way down the hall. As Sahaan was literally almost peeing his pants hearing this, I tried to tell Kai that this is a word we should not use and why and that when we are upset and have bad attitudes we should try to think if God would be happy with us. So, long story short, if your ever around us and the word is said I am sure you will hear a big gasp and then a tattle after that. Don't get me wrong though, parents aren't perfect. So this is little queenie, as Scooter or Scott would say and its stickin' with me being my nick name with some at church is Queen. However I am sure she will have many nick names coming at her in the next few years. The doctors will let us know in 2 weeks whether the due date will be moved up, due to my size being larger than the norm, but we'll see. It's still 7 weeks from tomorrow, but I think my body is saying 5. I must go though, and I will post again soon, for more updates and pictures. One of these days I will remember to take pictures of Sahaan so you can all see him too. Maybe that will happen next Sunday at the service he is in charge of. Anyway until then I love you all and hope you enjoy the comical pictures of the kids and little queenie.
Love ya
Steph
Steph


2 Comments:
It appears that you will probably be much more comfortable when the baby drops. At least by the pictures, you are still carrying very high making your center of gravity very unstable. Most women report feeling somewhat more stable on their feet and able to tolerate a little more time on their feet when the baby drops into the pelvis. I hope this is the case for you too, but it's true my dear, Momma Mia!!
LOVE THE PICS! My goodness, Steph, I just can't believe it! Well, I mean, I can, but good-golly, what I wouldn't give to rub that belly of yours and say hi to Kolbie right now. Kai and Diyah look like they had fun in the snow and I'm glad that this world is finally balancing out with some snow GIRLS and not just men... love you lots, Becky
Post a Comment
<< Home