Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mostly moved in...

I'm a little jealous of the snow falling for other family members around the world! I wish I could see a little of that white stuff! Instead I'm seeing branches fall off of trees because the wind is tearing at them! I was walking to the train to come down to the old Internet Cafe (I'm quite the regular here now), and the wind literally almost knocked me over. I was struggling to put one foot in front of the other, and I'm not kidding! Daphnie, I think that if you were here with me, I would have had to hold you down, or else you would have been swept away. I do wish that I'd had an umbrella with me at the moment though. Perhaps I could have worked on my Mary Poppins flying move! :)

We're settling in to our new flat, though there is a TON of organizing to do still. I'm heading off today to a store called ASDA. It is owned by Walmart and has the same slogan "Always falling prices." It is hilarious!

Anyway, I love all of the posts from everyone and am praying for you all.

p.s. Ray and Stacey - hope all is well with Samson. I was really missing him this morning when I was cleaning and organizing the house. Usually when I unload bags and drawers he sneaks off with a couple of things. It was a little boring not having to chase after the 4-legged theif!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Marie said...

Hi- While little Samson wasn't stealing things from you, he has become quite the pro at our house... He thinks that everything on the table is his and doesn't like learning that it isn't.

He mauls me every day when I get home from work. He like to nibble on my hands and feet. Wierdo!!!

It is bath weekend and I am not sure I am looking forward to it but it needs to be done before they both start stinking... It was great talking to you today. I love you and miss you guys. Stay safe while you are testing your Mary Poppins skills.

Love you!
Stacey

Friday, January 12, 2007 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger Morgan said...

Agreed...I miss the little guy up here getting into my stuff, chewing on things...he kinda made things interesting.

The snow isn't gone yet...116th is still a huge sheet of ice, and we don't try to get up the drive, but laugh at the people who do. =) For some reason they think that the 15th try at getting up the hill will bring better luck than the 3rd, or 1st...hehe.

I get to take the Praxis tomorrow...don't be too jealous...I know you didn't get to take it, but only the lucky ones do.


I love you guys and miss you dearly,
Morgan

Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Well Portland is just really dry and cold 20's and 30's. At least for the time being. I have no one stealing my stuff, but I have found that alot of the time, if some thing gets dropped, it just looks better down there, then for me to try to bend over and pick it up. :) I did get alot of laundry done the last couple of days, but again sitting and folding it seems so teedias that it may have to wait until Sunday afternoon. We are still purging of things in the house we don't use or need, and we have almost gotten Kai's room complete in the change except for the top half of the wall color becoming a little lighter (like beige or bisque). Sadiyahs room is next and there is much to do in there. EEEEKKKK!!

Well I best go, while your practicing your mary poppins skills, don't blow away at the end like she does, just continue to do your magic and be cheerful and bright.

Love ya
Steph

Saturday, January 13, 2007 7:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home