An update from the Londoners in NEW YORK!
Micah and I are hanging out with Scott, Daphnie, and tough-man Nathaniel today! We had to come back to the states to finish up some visa paperwork that didn't get done before we left for London the first time... so here we are! We have an appointment to take care of the paperwork on Monday, but are enjoying the weekend with the New Yorkers and are so thankful that we get to see them. Little man is adorable and growing SO big. I'll post some pictures of him later... :)
Before leaving London I had the chance to explore the city a little more one day while Micah was working. I went to the National Gallary, which houses incredible artwork from a ream of famous artists. I appreciated viewing many famous paintings such as Van Gough's sunflowers and chair, Picasso's scary man (or face... I can't remember the title), and Monet's waterlilly and bridge works. You can see a few more pictures about this event on www.micahandbecky.blogspot.com, not the artwork itself, but of Trafalgar Square, where the gallary is located.
This big guy is located in the heart of Trafalgar Square. There are actually many lions surrounding the big monument in the center of the square.
This is at the base of another monument. I can't remeber who for, but it was some war hero or something like that!
Another monument - to whomever is riding this horse... there are literally monuments EVERYWHERE you look in London. It makes me wonder how many statues there are and if there is some sort of guiness record for the number of monuments in a city. If they were all counted and tallied up world wide, London just might come close to being number one! :)
Well, I'm going to go play with Nathaniel now... perhaps we'll have a photo shoot! We love you and hope that all is well with you - especially those Oregonians dealing with the storms!
love, Becky

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home