Showers of Blessing
Well the first huge blessing we received was a huge bed for Sadiyah. This holds all her clothes, crafts, toys coats you name it we got it on there and a huge cubby space in the back for stuff we need to store and still get to. Not to mention the trundle bed that pulls out of the bottom. This was huge in the re-organizing of the baby room, since the baby will be on the other half of the room with a crib, changing table/dresser and diaper genie (of which I am sure Sadiyah will appreciate the most, to hold back the smell queenie will produce). The room is completely painted as well (not the yellow) but the off white color and we are adding in all our color with bedding and pictures of the kids, in black frames with colored mats, or just framing some of their cute art work. The dresser painting comes this week as well as putting all of little queenies stuff away.
This would be me as you all know at 35 weeks. I had a doctors appointment on Friday and I am still measuring a little big, but close enough to NOT change the date. So yes, I do still have 5 weeks, however I have a feeling she may come visit us early, but we will see. I haven't been sleeping at night for more than 5 hours at a time, with out being up the rest of the night, but I am praying as things progress and I get stuff put away and complete, my mind will settle and I can get a good few nights in before she comes. She moves quite a bit and I think some thing of hers gets stuck in my left rib cage, making it hard to lay on that side. She just want to be like her brother I think and have a crooked foot coming out. :) She takes up alot of space, as I am sure you all see, and food doesn't ever sound good, just little things here and there. And if you want to know how my scar and stomach feel when I grow, pull on your skin really tight for 2 days and tear off a band aid while your at it. Lotion helps the stomach, but not much help the scars, but we keep a close eye on them to make sure nothing happens. I am surprisingly upbeat most people say and perky, and I tell them THE END IS NEAR, and this excites me to no end. So despite the uncomfortableness I am really excited and so is the rest of the family. Sahaan however is extremely busy before baby and then again 2-3 weeks after baby, so I can't say thank you enough to the people that have offered to stay and help us for periods of time.
This is the McKelvey women at the church shower I had on Saturday. It was at Connie and Greg's house and one of my friends and Connie threw it for me. The shower was amazing and we were truly blessed by the amount of support the church poured out on us and what they continue to do as we go to church every week. (25 people attended and more at church came the next day). With Kai I knew there was support, but it was hard to grasp it being Stacey had to call them the day before my shower and tell them I was in labor. So the gifts and cards came, but so unorganized and not personal. Sahaan's Aunts from Cali are sending packages (all I heard) to the house as well so to keep a look out. Grandma Connie also bought her her Diva outfit (fur vest with jeans and flower shirt) that match Diyah and Aurora (the other grand daughter) as well as her "ride" for the first few months. (Carseat for those of you that don't get it) :) As much as I loved the clothes which in some months were much needed, I really like that people got me some of the stuff we needed that we either had given away from Kai, or needed new of. People followed the lists in other words, so I won't have to exchange much at all if anything, which helps when you can't walk much because of activity induced contractions. Stacey and mom are throwing me a family and friends not at our church shower on Saturday and I am excited for that one too. Just to see family again and people that haven't gotten to see me much and being able to have an intimate time with them, is going to be such a blessing as well.
This picture is of me and the pastors wife Kathy. This was at the shower and because so many pictures were taken, I thought I would give you all the head leader of the church to represent the many women that came. She is a doll and truly a support in every thing, especially when it comes to church functions. There are only 3 paid staff pastors so we all kind of cling together in the important moments of joy, prayer, accountability, frustration, support and confidentiality issues that come up.

This is a picture of Amy and Quincy. I have told some of you that I may start watching a baby 6 weeks after Kolbie arrives and this would be him. Amy and her husband are a bi-racial couple as well, live in North Portland and this is there first child. They aren't sure if they will have more, as he has brothers that are in their 20's and they count it a complete blessing just to have had him. I haven't completely decided yet, but she is extremely excited at the mere possibility of me watching him, so keep me in prayer as Sahaan and I make this decision. I would have to say though the possibility is high, and looking much better than early shifts at Starbucks. He is a cutie and I am sure he and Kolbie would have much fun together.


2 Comments:
Stephanie,
Thank you so much for giving a detailed summary of the last few weeks. It is so much fun to watch the changes and see the developments from a far...anyhow, I love you and want you to know that I am praying for your health, sleep, and transition with the newest member to be. Much love,
Micah
I second Micah's comments... and me, being the photo-lover, really appreciate the pictures! Love you!
~Becky
Post a Comment
<< Home