Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Visit from Grandma and Grandpa (a.k.a. Mom and Dad)

Well this blog is well overdue, but I thought we would post some pictures of our time with grandma and grandpa (or to most of us, mom and dad). The outdoor pictures are mostly in our backyard, a work in progress I'm sure you'll all agree. The indoor pictures are primarily in our living room. I included pictures of the newly redone "sun room" and Gabriel's nursery as well.
Mom and Dad were such a blessing to us while they were here. Dad decided that his vacation should be spent emptying our "catch-all" room (the place where all the unpacked boxes and pictures that hadn't been hung yet) and then proceeded to paint the walls and strip out the nasty carpet and then an even nastier laminate flooring to find a beautiful original hardwood floor. It's now officially the sun room, painted a nice "Butter Cookie". P.S. Dad also took a day off to clean out the attic from the debris left by our recent roofing project. Thanks Dad!!
We enjoyed having mom stay for an additional two weeks. She was a great help to us and assisted greatly in helping us establish somewhat of a routine. Nathaniel learned new words like, "How are you" and "I fine", and solidified the "peez" and "ta-tu" (please and thank you) he had previously learned. He also became acquainted with the second stair on the staircase (timeout) and had a few sessions of learning how to say "I sowry" (I'm sorry).
With my hours being as crazy as they are/were, I didn't get to spend as much, if any, amount of time with mom and dad and for that I am "sowry". However, I wanted to say publicly that I love you both very much and Daphnie and I can never begin to thank you for all you've done for us with your presence here.

Enjoy the pictures!










2 Comments:

Blogger Mom P said...

You're welcome. We enjoyed the visit as well. And the bonding times with our grandsons. I hope to have some more fotos posted asap. Love to you all,

Mom

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Pilgrims said...

Scott and Daphnie - it is so great to hear from you (I understand how hard it can be to post when life is so busy!!). The photos are wonderful... it is fun to see "Grandma & Grandpa" with the kids. I can't believe how quickly they are growing! Your house looks beautiful as well... congrats on all the great improvements!
Love, B

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home