Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Friday, July 25, 2008

McKelvey Klan Back in Action

Hi everyone,

I know, what has it been like 6 months since my last post. Let's hope not. Anyway, I thought I would give you all an update on our family life here in Portland.

We are crazy busy! We have had a majorly busy summer, pre-summer and I know post-summer. Sahaan has started his oncall job a few months ago, Hurray! However, it is literaly on call. Like with in the hour, so those of you that can imagine how easy it is to find child care. Luckily we have had the help of Uncle Ray to watch the kids, and Kolbie has grown quite attached I might say.
Sahaan did finish school for the term though and he got straight A's in his two classes. He has also been working with the youth group at the church still. In past months we have re-done his whole office painting it and letting the youth kids write their names in grafitti on the walls - and well they aren't that artistic. He has also preached a few times in the past months and might I say, gets quite great reviews from many members of the congregation. He is awesome and is working his tail end off for us, so you can all be proud of him, as I know you are.

I have been juggling my time between my two jobs - 1 day at Dennis', 2 days at Julia's, doing laundry, dishes, cleaning the very unsightly bathroom, wiping chalk off the door (thank you Kolbie), working on the yard, bath time (not easy with two kids and you in one tub), organizing a youth group camping trip, getting ready for Sahaan to leave for a huge youth conference for 5 days, getting a kindergartener enrolled for school, enroll myself in school, going to accountability meetings, doctor appointments and provided my family with their nutritional needs!!!

Sadiyah has been enjoying her summer off playing outside, going swimming at the other grandparents house, going to movies (there free on Tues & Wed) and other various activities. She has been quite the helper with us running everywhere all the time and has built quite a relationship with her brother and sister.

Kai has been quite busy himself. He has had a couple play dates, movies to see, battles to difuse between castle knights and army men, and dinasours to feed. He has seen Jurassic Park and The Princess Bride lately and those have been quite the rave. He is enjoying being big enough to help with Kolbie and at times I think he enjoys her company. He really enjoys going Ray and Stacey's to play with the boys, as he is quite sad all the time that we don't have a boy for him to play with. He also likes going to our other friends house to play with there son, although he is only 2 1/2. He has increased in his food options alot this summer and is expanding slowly in his meal choices, however pray for his fit throwing and young emotional development. He doesn't like change and transition at all. As you can imagine having Sahaan and I home every other day has not been too good for him. He is also learning alot of new concepts and some are quite hard to teach. (Heaven & Hell for instance) He also has quite the imagination and uses it frequently, and has learned that some words have two meanings and some meanings are not ok to say!!! Hint Hint parents, Dams!!!

Kolbie has been mastering climbing up things, writing on the doors with chalk instead of the chalk board, getting herself dressed, brushing her teeth constantly, taking off her own diaper occasionally (thank God there has been no accidents on the floor), becoming a picky eater (I will break her though- bring it on), and having a growing obsession with shoes (not just her own). She also is like having a pet parrott around right now, as she repeats everything you say or at least tries to. She smiles when she is in trouble and kisses you right before a hard smack in the face (her trying to tickle you). She loves lotion, make up and pretty things, all to go out in the dirt and dig holes or eat dirt clods. She has crazy wild hair, and last I checked (about one month ago) she had 12 teeth. Six of those coming in at once, it wasn't a pretty couple of weeks let me tell you.

As for the hermit crab, he is still kickin' - surprisingly and the fish we have is also suprisingly still alive, as both get forgotten often!!

I have to go now and get back to work. But hopefully i will be posting pictures soon. our computer broke for a while and now that it is up and running, I am downloading everything onto dics first and then the computer.

Love you all
Steph & fam

1 Comments:

Blogger The Pilgrims said...

Thanks for the update, Steph! I love hearing stories about the kids and what their learning/doing/saying now! You know how much we hate being this far away from them, so I appreciate your updates all the more - and look forward to some pictures too!
love, Becky

Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home