Pilgrim Family

The purpose of this website is to share family events and exciting moments with each other in a more convenient way!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Vacation!!!

Hi all,

Now that vacation is over, I must admit that we old folks forgot the camera....again! But we had a wonderful time. I read 4 or 5 books, caught 15 or 20 trout in So. Twin at that "special spot" over by the old snags. The boat we were able to buy earlier this summer came in real handy. Dad didn't spend as much time working as usual, but he was able to take a very large trailer load of wood home to Salem. It's still sitting in the driveway, waiting to be unloaded.

We are currently having a new covered porch built onto the front of our vacation home. It should be finished soon, and I promise to take the camera with me so you can all see what it looks like.

I was able to stay for an extra week, but it was by myself, with no car, and I was quickly running out of books to read. The weather was great, except for the day the builder started the porch project. We were experience a great thunder and lightening storm with a gigantic amount of rain and even 1/4 inch hail. Since the temp was a comfortable 80 - 85 degrees during the storm, I considered going outside with shampoo and towel.

Dad and I enjoyed seeing and visiting with friends and former pastors, Gary and Joyce Fournier. They are doing well; getting used to being retired. They surprised us with a visit to our house, and a few days later we had dinner with them at the local pizza parlor. And then, we spent an afternoon with them fishing at Craine Prairie for bass. Gary caught some, I had a couple of big bites but no fish. I really wanted to try catching the large rainbow trout jumping in the lake while we were trying to catch bass.

Now we're back in Salem, and I'm trying to perk up the garden (beans and tomatoes) and green up the lawn. And Dad is back to work, teaching the adult Sunday School class, and wishing he was retired!! I may be teaching a class this fall as well. We'll see....more to come after the porch is finished, with photos.

Love to all,
Mom and Dad

2 Comments:

Blogger The Pilgrims said...

It is so good to hear about your trip to LaPine! What a wonderful time to enjoy nature, some great books, yummy fresh fish, and all in your "home away from home"! I look forward to photos of the finished porch coming soon... :)
Love, B

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

YUCK FISH! It sounds like we all are going to be doing some sort of classes and lets be honest- who doesn't want to be retired. Honestly I would rather be in heaven, this life is YUCK AS WELL!

LOVE YA, TALK TO YOU SOON,
STEPH

Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home