End of Summer & Beginning of Fall - McKelvey's
Hi everyone! I thought you would get a kick out of this first picture. So proud to pretending to go pee pee. She loves the concept, but her actions have not followed her intense desire to succeed at actually going. So this is one of the many things we are up to.
Oh yah and then there was this...Luckily no Dr.visit was required. Kai learned to ride his bike with no training wheels. You may think, wow he fell hard, but not on his own. He actually hadn't fallen at all once the wheels were taken off. 2 hours later though, the little boy learning to ride his skateboard, flew off, shooting his skateboard right into the wheels of Kai's bike and well Kai went over the handle bars and met the pavement. Yes there was blood and screaming, but all teeth and bones were in the right place and not loose, and Kai was a trooper and got back on the bike 20 minutes later. Now he has nothing to show for it, but maybe one tiny scar.
Here's the pretty pretty princess! We went to the children's museum and she chose that to wear and to go up and down stairs the entire time we were in the theater room. 
We just went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday the 19th, and played and played and searched and searched for the right pumpkins. We also took Sadiyah's sister Amiya.

Mom, really what am I looking through these holes for? This is so humiliating!

The happy pumpkin searchers!

Please God, not a second hernia. Kai why don't you let daddy take that for you. You proved you could pick it up, so let him put it in the wagon.

Lil' miss Blueberry. We went blueberry picking at the end of the summer, and well she picked all right. And then ate and ate, and had much to show for it later :)!

She also tried to pick up every little pumpkin and put it in our wagon. Determined to save every "ball" she could. We informed her they weren't "balls" but pumpkins. So then she just walked around shreaking "pumpin". She had also gotten up that morning and put on the boots at 8:30 a.m. waiting patiently to go (at 2:30p.m.). I could barely get them off for her nap! Crazy girl.

Kai on the other hand was so proud to be a scare crow. He really looks scary - don't you think so? Dimples and all.

One song I sing to Kolbie quite often is "Sisters" from White Christmas. Sahaan is disgusted with the fact that I know all the words by heart and now I have Kolbie singing along. She'll know it by Christmas - HOPEFULLY! So here are the dinamic duo.

Again, we had to put Kolbie some where, her little legs could only go so far in the field and we had to stop the "pumpkin saving" and let her focus on her little one already in the wagon.

Sissy is getting more and more comfortable just climbing on us when ever she sees fit. SO here she just climed up on Kai while he was in the middle of telling me a very important story about some of his toys.

Kolbie LOVES animals. She is obssessed actually. She thinks the 3 Rotwilers at the end of the street are barking at her for her enjoyment and because they are her friends. Yah right! Well in the barn, she loves all the animals that sqwak, gobble and moo. So yes, the turkey didn't scare her a bit, and the chickens kept her amazement for quite some time because of their clucking. Here she is looking at the little chics chirping along with them.

He is the potter and we are the clay. How could you get a cooler depiction of that verse than Kai, thoughtfully and carefully building with clay. God has to work on us some times for a while, at least he doesn't smoosh us up, roll us in a ball and start over huh?

Here is another art piece being carefully created. However, not sure why the Happy Halloween happened, but I guess that's what I get for leaving them to their own this year. I did want to show it though, and hopefully show the time and effort that went into the project. Next one will say Happy Birthday Dad!

Kai's attempts at blueberry picking were sad to say the least. But I was so happy he made a little friend to "pick" with and talk intensely about Thomas the Train. Very important business. This little boy had a little sister who was 1 and hung out with Kolbie eating blueberries. They were adopted from Nigeria and the boy spoke amazing English, having not known any 5 months ago and is now attending Kindergarten this year as well. Kai may end up class president some day, with his outgoing social skills and ability to make friends and take charge.

Oh, back at the children's museum we go. Don't ask what they are suppossed to be, I don't know. Maybe a ninja turtle...but really it could just be some thing he dreamnt up. Ok so I don't know if I spelled that right, but it is midnight and I have to work in the morning.
Kolbie however, did not like the little kids shopping in the grocery store at the museum, so she thought to stop the process, she would stand inside the food belt at the check out counter. She was protesting or some thing. 
Back to the pumpkin patch, some day I will take the time out to figure out how to download pictures in order, but for now...oh well. Kolbie was having a bumpy ride with out much weight in the wagon. It was funny to watch her bobbing all around.

Our faithful blueberry picker! Yah right.

What a gorgeous girl. She is crazy tall these days too, she is up past my chin and wears a 10 womens shoe. Look out Beck, she might out grow your feet too. Oh my what will we do then.
Here's our little tree goblin. How happy he is.
Ok so Kai drew the picture of what he wanted on his pumpkin and had some one else cut it out, because it was too messy and slimy for him to do it. How hilarious, seeing the little boy across the street cutting away at Kai's pumpkin. So I think it is a 3 eyed some thing, otherwise we all may have to ask Kai specifically. He was very proud of it though and grateful to his friend for helping out.

So this is the end of the summer and beginning of fall for us. The kids are doing AWESOME in school. Kai loves his teacher and his teacher adores him, good to know, I thought he would be a challenge. Sadiyah has started band as is trying to become a fellow flute player. Kolbie is going to Uncle Ray's once a week about, and then to a friends house one morning a week. This allows me to get my work done, now that I am working from home. And Sahaan is staying crazy busy with the county and church position. He worked 115 hrs. for one job and 20 hrs. for another job in a 2 week span of time. To say the least I will be happy to get that check. Also, it's nice to be paid, when your away from family that much. God is providing though, and we are slowly getting back onto our feet, from a long and trying year. Soon I will be in school trying to finish up what I started 10 years ago, and our family may be growing again......
Don't freak out people, I'm not prego, that ship has sailed. But serious talks are in the works for a puppy/dog or cat. Yes, I know you're all wondering if Sahaan is on board, and he is. As much as you can get him on board, but he is the one that said yes. So far, nothing purchased, we are researching shelters for adoption, craigs list and going over cost and expenses for each animal. So far, there is 1 kitten and 3 dogs we are looking at. So I will try to keep you posted.
Gotta go to bed now.
Love,
Steph

1 Comments:
What lovely photos, Steph! I giggled a ton at Kolbie's "pretending" photo, can't help but cringe at poor Kai's accident, and am an awe of Sadiyah's beauty and shoe size! I'm pulling for a size 11 so that I can finally have someone to share shoes with! :)
Love you! Bec
Post a Comment
<< Home